1- Gastroenterology: It is the branch of medicine focused on the digestive – system and its disorders. Diseases affecting the gastrointestinal – tract, which include the organs from mouth into anus, along the alimentary – canal, are the focus of this specialty.
2- Hepatology: or hepatobiliary medicine, encompasses the study of the liver, pancreas, and biliary-tree.
- GI clinic for outpatient treatment
- Endoscopy ward for diagnostic and therapeutic goals
- GI ward admission for ill patients or advanced and specialized treatment
- Upper GI endoscopy: for diagnosis and treatment of abnormalities in esophagus, stmach and duodenum
- Colonoscopy: For diagnosis and treatment of colonic disorders
- ERCP: A procedure manly for therapeutic approach to biliary and pancreatic disorders
- Endoscopic ultrasound: A very accurate device for diagnosis of alimentary tumors staging, pancreatobiliary, perianal and rectal disorders and drainage of pancreatic cysts
- Capsule endoscopy: A high tech small capsule with ability to take pictures from inside of alimentary tracts
- PH-metry and manometry: For assessing esophageal contractions and reflux disease
- Liver biopsy: For diagnosis of liver parenchymal disorders