The Physiotherapy Department at Jam Hospital treats various diseases, especially musculoskeletal and nervous system abnormalities by manual techniques using physical properties of materials such as light, heat, short and medium waves, and electricity. Staffed by experienced staff and specialists in physical medicine and rehabilitation, this department embarked on operation in early 2011 with complete reconstruction and purchase of state-of-the-art specialized equipment.
The Physiotherapy Department possesses all professional medical equipment including, shockwave, high-power laser, low-power laser, and CPM Traction devices.
In line with the objectives of Jam Hospital, the main goal of the Physiotherapy Department is to provide safe and quality specialized, diagnostic, and therapeutic healthcare services to enhance societal health. From a general perspective, the following goals have been defined for patients visiting this department, which should be achieved with accurate treatment based on individual needs:
• Reducing pain and inflammation
• Increasing range of motion
• Increasing muscle strength
• Restoring lost ability to patients, especially for those suffering from cerebrovascular accident (CVA), multiple sclerosis (MS), neurological disorders, and muscular dystrophy, as well as orthopedic and neurological surgery patients.
The National Adaptation Plan is fully implemented at the Physiotherapy Department. This department is open to the public during the day throughout the week except on holidays. Hospitalized patients are attended to throughout the week, even on holidays, in a professional and comprehensive manner. In emergency cases, an on-call physiotherapist will be in attendance for medical treatment.
Specifications and Capabilities:
Consisting of separate chambers, in which wooden beds are installed along with physiotherapy devices and modalities.
Electrotherapy devices include:
• Alternating-current devices, including IF, FES, FAR, and TENS
• Direct-current devices including DC, IDC, GALVANIC, and HV
• Other modalities, including PARAFIN, COLD PACK, P SWD, MWD, SWD, IR, HP, US, SHOCK WAVE, HIGH-POWER LASER, and LOW-POWER LASER
At this unit, patients receive exercise therapy. The equipment available in this unit include bed frames and the related tools, springs, ropes, slings, pulleys, shoulder wheels, traction, balance boards, stationary bikes, treadmills, and weights, among others.